Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thanks Grandma

It's a little harder to think of how I've seen the hand of God in my life when it has been a frustrating or not-too-exciting day. I can always think of blessings that I have, but I mean something specific. I also keep thinking that no one really cares what is going on in my head or what happens here during the day, but it's good for me to reflect on the day. Just stop reading this if it's a bore.

Anyway, I've been pondering the positive events of yesterday... There has to be something right? I had one of those "The kids are driving me crazy!!!!" days (one kid in particular). It felt like we were having battle after battle... argument after argument. It's sad when I wish school was back in when it's only been out for a week or two. So, I called my grandma. We ended up talking for an hour and 1/2 while the kids ran around like wild yay hoos. What a relief it was talking to an adult, not just an adult, but someone who genuinely listens to me and loves me no matter what. She helped rejuvenate me.

My grandma and I are actually good friends. She comes over to play games every so often, calls to chat, and we visit her when we're in the area. I think it's not too often you can find two people in two totally different stages in life becoming good friends. The nice thing about my grandma is that she is friends with all of her grandchildren. How blessed we are to have her in our lives.

Thanks Grandma! You are my blessing of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment