Monday, June 15, 2009

Fathers and Sons


How I recognized the hand of God in my life this weekend:
This weekend was our ward's Fathers and Sons camp out. Andrew was excited to go with his dad; I think part of his dad was a little excited too. I was looking forward to some girl time with Sara, and hopefully a little more sleep, since Andrew wouldn't be there to wake me up. I was only worried about the weather.

It had been raining all week... Utah isn't supposed to be like this. So, I decided I better pack extra clothes, blankets... everything for them. Tavish kept saying, "It's only one night..." I guess we're the typical man and woman: women pack their whole house and men just pack themselves. (I did pack extra for Andrew though :))

That night Sara, Mac, and I rented a girl movie and bought pizza . I kept telling Sara how worried I was about the boys getting cold and wet. Sara finally said, "Mom, we should pray that they don't get cold." So, we prayed for them at dinner, at family prayer, and in our own prayers. It made Sara feel better, I think I was scaring her by worrying so much. After we prayed at dinner for the boys, she was sure they would be alright.

All night I tossed and turned and worried as I listened to the rain and thought about all the possible things that my little Andrew was going through... hypothermia, getting stuck in the mud, not sleeping, getting lost... Do all moms go through this torture or am I just paranoid?
Anyway, they came home the next morning totally fine. They weren't even cold at night! (We have some nice sleeping bags). They didn't get much sleep, but that's to be expected.

So, what did I learn from this? Our prayers were answered, and my little Sara has more faith than me. I hope I can someday have the faith of a little child. I'm working on it :)

PS- Andrew is holding a bug vacuum that his dad bought for the camp out. Apparently it kept him occupied the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. You have such wonderful insites. I am sure glad my grandchildren have you for a mother.

    ReplyDelete