Friday, June 26, 2009

First Birthday!

Mac and his turtle cake
(I know, it's a sad looking cake; I'm no decorator obviously.)


It was Mac's first birthday this week (June 23rd). How could I not post on one of my greatest blessings? We love Mac. He's so good natured and sweet. I don't know what we ever did without him.
It made me think of the day he was born. It was a long day- 16 hrs of labor. Who has 16hrs of labor with their third baby? Wasn't expecting that. Yea- it was a pain... got sent home from the hospital...pain...pain...pain... that's what I remember. But he was worth it. He weighed 6lbs 14oz and was 19 in. long- a healthy, beautiful boy.


This is what we like about Mac:

Andrew says, "What I like about Mac is that he loves people, and he likes to climb on me with my blanket on me, and we like to wrestle."

Sara says, "I like that he rubs me." (He pats her head)

Tavish says, " I like his sniffing face he makes, his smile, how he chases after people crawling... and lots more."

I say, "What I love about Mac is that he is happy and makes others happy. He loves people."


We went to the park for his birthday.

Grandma Sue spent a few days with us just for his birthday. I love her; it was so nice to have her with us!


Andy and Sara swimming in the little pools at the park.


"What the heck is going on?"







Mac seemed a little confused as to what was going on, but he devoured the cake. He loves sugar! I guess he takes after his mom.





Here is my mom teaching him how to show how old he is.

We had a nice day. I love my little Mac and feel so blessed to have him as part of our family!

1 comment: