Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It Takes a Village

I think that this blog topic is good for me. I find myself reflecting the day, almost every day, even if I don't post it. And everyday, I really can recognize the Lord's hand in my life, even if it is isn't something grandiose.

Today was one of those regular days... one of those days I really have to ponder and think about in order to recognize His hand in my life. So- this is what I thought of:

I took the kids to swimming lessons today. I figured I better sign them up for lessons because both Andrew and Sara are afraid of the water. I have tried to teach them how to put their head in the water, how to float... and they just freak out. I was worried about how they would react to a swim teacher having them put their head in the water. I can see them either refusing to do it or try it then get water in the nose, freak out, jump out of the pool and refuse to ever try again. I guess I can see Andrew doing that. Sara would just cry. They are both stubborn in their own ways.

Luckily, they got a very sweet girl to be their teacher. They love her. She's so positive and makes everything seem fun. Today they both went under the water without plugging their noses and were so proud of themselves. So far they think swim lessons are great. (Tomorrow I'll try to remember my camera so I can post a picture of them with their teacher.)

This young girl has been able to help my children when I couldn't. It made me think of the saying,"It takes a village to raise a child." Isn't that true? I can think of several times when people have been able to help my children in ways I couldn't, just like others have helped me. Thank goodness we aren't in this alone.

Thanks swim teacher! You are my blessing of the day! (I guess I should learn your name)

No comments:

Post a Comment