Sunday, June 7, 2009

Camping Out

How I recognized the hand of God in my life this weekend:
Friday night Tavish (my husband) and the kids, excluding baby Mac, decided to camp out. It was cold and windy, so they decided to set up their new tent inside. Needless to say, the kids were very excited. I knew this would be fun for them, but a sacrifice for Tavish. I know how the kids roll all over the place in the night, and sleeping with them is no fun. (Notice I didn't volunteer to do it.) :)

To fully understand the sacrifice Tavish made, you have to know my son Andrew. He is an early bird. He's one that never, ever sleeps in. It's something I don't understand. Why would you want to get up at the crack of dawn when you don't have to? I think he has slept in past 8:00 AM about 10 times in his 6 years of life, and most of those he was sick. It doesn't matter what time he goes to bed, he gets up between 6:00 and 7:00, sometimes 5:00. So, I knew he would be up early, especially because of the excitement. Sure enough, he was up around 6:00 AM (I'm actually surprised it wasn't earlier).

So what I take out of this is that I'm blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is trying to be the best dad he can by creating positive memories for his children. It also made me think of the times we slept out in our back yard with my dad under the stars. He told us stories, discussed life, and I remember seeing shooting stars. I didn't think then that he probably wasn't having quite as much fun as we were. I have been blessed with a wonderful father, and so have my children.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog! What a wonderful name for it! Your post brought tears to my eyes! I am blessed to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law who spends her time recognizing the hand of God in her life! (And to have a son that will sleep out with his children)

    ReplyDelete