Friday, February 26, 2010

Family First

A couple of weeks ago I got a new calling. The bishop came over to our house and asked me if I'd be the relief society secretary. He seemed very nervous asking me and worried about me taking on too much... I told him, "I'm just happy to do something besides play the piano!" (Not that I don't like playing the piano; I like playing, but a change is good and was something that I needed.)

I went to a meeting last night and the RS president said, "Thank you for your sacrifice being here." I told her, "Hey, this is a break for me, Tavish is making the sacrifice!" I know that the toughest job (and most important) is taking care of the kids. I'm so glad that I have a husband that is capable and willing to help with the kids. What would I do if I lived in the day when men worked and expected the wife to do all of the parenting? Ughh. Tavish takes care of the kids when I go to meetings, visit people, play the organ, go to guitar lessons... what a great guy.

So, I'm grateful for a husband who recognizes the importance of magnifying our callings, sharing the gospel, furthering education... all of that, but knows that family is first. Thanks for your sacrifice Tavish!

"No success can compensate for failure in the home." - President David O. McKay

2 comments:

  1. I'm just waiting for the time when you say "Tavish was made Bishop today..." haha! Can you bring your photo album you had made to dinner on Sunday so I can see it???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your posts. You are such a good example to all of us.

    ReplyDelete