Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Night Out

Since I am putting off cleaning the house... I figured I'd write something- then clean for sure, no more lazy mom.

Today I'm grateful for my very good husband. For Christmas he gave me 3 months worth of guitar lessons. That means 3 months of taking the kids every Tuesday night. It's like my night to just do what I want. (Don't ask me to play for you... I'm pretty bad at it- it's a lot harder than it looks)

I'll admit that it felt a little strange at first going off and doing something for me. I felt a little guilty, but I'm getting used to it now. Before being married I did that all the time and didn't think anything of it. It's funny how having a family changes things- my life is them. But that once a week alone is so nice. I go to lessons, then go shopping or something all by myself. It kind of recharges my batteries.

So- I'm grateful for a sweet husband who kind of forced me to do this and is so good to take the kids, even though he's busy. I love you Tavvy- this is just for you!
This is me- except I'm always looking at my fingers. How do people play without looking down at their hands?

6 comments:

  1. sweet...how do you play the piano without looking down at your hands??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha- that's true- I don't look at my hands much when I play the piano. I guess it just takes practice- lots of it. As for listening to me play... you don't want to hear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOoooh! I think we need a concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure you are better at it than you think you are! Congrats on your new calling by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sad concert that would be! But... I'm willing to do a concert with anyone that would be willing to perform right along with me :)

    ReplyDelete