Saturday, December 5, 2009

Modern Mecicine and Technology

How I have recognized the hand of the Lord in my life this week: I am grateful that God has blessed and inspired man to create modern medicine and technology.
This week we were able to get the swine flu vaccine. Yea! I can't tell you how many times I have tried to get that for us... I'm sure you don't want to hear all of the details. I'ts been something I've worried about. I've heard too many bad stories from the flu. So, on Monday I decided to go to Provo to get a reservation ticket for the vaccine. I was dreading waiting in line with Mac to get the ticket, then wait in line again to get the shot the next day. We were also going to get the van registered (nothing like putting it off until the last day:) Anyway, I went online to check if the Health Department were giving tickets that day, and lo and behold- they started giving tickets online! Yay! I got the tickets online, registered the van online, and we got the shot the next day. What a blessing! I'm so grateflu for modern medicine and technology!

I've also been lucky to do a lot of Christmas shopping online with good deals and free shipping. Yesterday I decided I needed to actually go out and get some stuff, so I took the 3 kids shopping. After all the crowds, traffic, my fighting and screaming children (Mac literaly screamed about the whole time in Shopko), I was ready to scream myself. The kids were driving me crazy. To top it off, I wasn't able to find what I wanted, we came home to a bomb of a house, and our brand new Christmas lights didn't work (that we were planning on putting up). I was ready to run away. Luckily, Tavish came home and could see the distress on my face, and said, "I brought a movie home; you need to relax." He was right- he's such a good husband.

So what I learned: I'm going to take advantage of our modern technology and conveniences and do as much shopping online as possible... and only go out when I need to- by MYSELF! (Is that possible?) That should help me not be such a grinch this Christmas season.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't technology wonderful. I have been doing online shopping a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took Seth and the twins to Harbor Freight the other day to get a tool that I needed. This store is small and crowded with all the stuff there so it made maneuvering very difficult. The funny ting about the trip was the looks that I was receiving from everyone. They thought that I was completely crazy to bring all the kids there.

    They were right but I needed to get stuff done.

    ReplyDelete