Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas in Saint George

This week I am grateful that I was able to spend Christmas with my family (mom, dad, brothers, sisters). We went to St. George for Christmas to be with them. It's been 4 years since I've been with my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I always love staying home for Christmas with our own little family and spending time with the in-laws... but every year I have a little homesickness for my mom, dad, and siblings. I kind of envy those people that get to visit both their families and the in laws on Christmas day. Ok- I know I'm a baby- at least they don't live out of state or out of country right?

Anyway, it was great. I loved being there with everybody (we were sad Mary and Ryan weren't able to come though). We took the kids to the park... played tennis (I love St. George in the winter)... watched our family Christmas movies... played games... ate way, way, too much... stayed up chatting... And got spoiled with too many presents (especially the kids- that's what happens when they are the only grandkids). Another bonus for us is that everyone helps out with the kids :)

It was nice not to feel homesick this Christmas, despite the pain of packing everything, the drive...all of that. I love my family and am grateful for them. I'm also grateful for a sweet husband who was willing to be with my family this year.

Feeding the Ducks- Christmas Eve (Look how handsome Tavish is here :)




Santa found us in St. George. I love the monkey PJs.



Presents from uncles and aunts, grandmas and Grandpas, Moms and Dads, brothers and sisters

Too many presents... Where are we going to put all of this?

1 comment:

  1. spoiled, and so fun, we missed you but I'm so glad you got to be with your family! love the pics...

    ReplyDelete