Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Wedding

This past weekend I've seen the hand of the Lord in my life and my family's life.

1- We were healthy to attend the wedding: The last couple of weeks there has been lots of sickness going on around us at church, school, work... So, I have been praying and hoping that we could be healthy for my sister's wedding in St. George. I was thinking we had made it when Sara woke up with a fever and a headache on Thursday morning (the day we were leaving). Great!! Just our luck. Of course I began to worry about the Swine Flu that is all around us. Well, it turned out to be not much really. I don't know what she had, but the fever went away by Friday night, and she was fine. I was so relieved and grateful. I know my mom had really prayed for her, and I really think our prayers were answered. We were all able to enjoy the day, and Sara was able to go trick-or-treating with grandpa on Saturday. (She was worried about missing Halloween being sick)

2- Mary got Married: Over the years I've seen Mary date, and not date... nothing working out... over and over again. Then she met Ryan, and everything just worked out. He is such a kind and caring person. He treats Mary so good and has made her happy. I love to see them both so happy! What a blessing.

The wedding was just perfect. I think there is nothing better than being in the temple with the whole family. It was great!

My dad really seemed to want to go trick-or-treating with the kids. He missed his school Halloween party day this year because of the wedding. He loves that day- he always dresses up and goes class to class to read scary stories. I guess going out with the kids helped make up for it. He makes a pretty good gorilla- don't you think?
This is the only picture I got with my dad standing up in the background. I thought Tavish's tail was pretty cute too.




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad everything worked out! I love all the pictures you put on facebook. I am also glad Sara got better.

    ReplyDelete