Thursday, November 19, 2009

Girl Time

As I ponder the day... I think how grateful I am to be blessed with a daughter. Don't get me wrong- I love my boys. They are full of life and keep my life interesting. I think mothers have a special relationship with their boys. But..... my one-on-one time with Sara during the day is very refreshing. I like the girl time Sara and I spend together. Of course, our girl time isn't usually painting our nails, doing our hair... all of that (even though we do that occasionally), it's other things girls enjoy.

One thing she likes to do is school with me (something that I always liked as a kid and still do- I think I'm a little nutso when it comes to that). She likes to play these file folder games that I made a long time ago. I have a bunch more that I've been meaning to put together, but you know... that's something I just never get to. So today, I said to Sara, "Do you want to help me make file folder games?" She was very excited (How many boys would be excited over that?). So, we cut, colored, glued, ate lunch, then came back and cut, colored, and glued some more. She's a very determined little person- it was her idea to do it again after lunch. Now we have 4 1/2 games ready to laminate (we ran out of glue).

We also went to the music store to buy a piano book for her. She's been bothering me to teach her for a long time. We'll try it and see how it goes. It was just nice spending the day with someone who had the same interests as me, even if there is a 27 year age gap.

I'm glad I have my little girl. I hope we can be friends forever.

3 comments:

  1. That reminds me of the times I spent with my mother. We had so much fun, especially when all the boys went hunting with Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you had to be doing something because Andrew can read already. That makes you a homeschool mom. Good job! I like to do things with my kids too. Its a nice way to grow close to them.

    ReplyDelete