Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Deck


How I've seen the hand of God in my life this week:

I keep thinking of things I'm going to post, but haven't gotten around to it. One thing this week that has happened is the completion of our new deck. This is a picture of our old deck (sorry it's blurry). When the house was first built I thought that it was maybe a joke that the builders did, or at least a temporary thing. Nope- this is it. It did make a nice time out cage for the kids though :).

So, three years later we were blessed with the Trex materials from Tavish's dad, an availiable cousin to do the work, and the money to build it.

My cousin Craig did a great job! He wanted everything to be perfect and worked so hard at making it the best he could. He has the ablities and experience that we don't, so we really appreciate his help. We love it! It's nice to be able to sit out in the evening and have access to our back yard from the house. I hope some employer can recognize Craig's talents and work ethic and snatch him up.


Here are some pictures of the new and improved deck and Craig the Builder:




2 comments:

  1. It looks so good! I can't wait to see it. I am glad you had a before picture. What a difference.

    ReplyDelete