Sunday, September 20, 2009

Healthy Again

I think we don't really appreciate our health until we have sickness. Andrew got sick last week with croup and a fever that lasted for 6 days. Tavish and Sara got it next. So, last week I felt like our life was on hold- no school, playing outside, going places... just rest and worry.

I think the three hardest parts of being a mom of young children are 1-sick kids, 2- no sleep, and 3-potty training. I was getting pretty worried about Andrew. Who has a fever for 6 days?

On Sunday we went up to the inlaws and Tavish and his dad gave Andrew a blessing. On Monday I took him back to the Dr. and he gave him an antibiotic. On Wednesday Andrew's fever finally broke and was acting much better. Ahh- what a relief. On Wednesday morning I was talking with Andrew and told him, "That medicine must have really helped you." He said, "Mom, it was the blessing, not the medicine!" Faithful Andrew- I'm grateful for faithful children and our health!

3 comments:

  1. Oh... I love that! What a sweetheart he is. I am glad he is better. I hope the rest of you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so dread this coming flu season....I'm really glad you are all better!!! It's sooo hard. Andrew is such a good kid...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought we were all better (or at least almost better), but now Mac has it. I'm not looking forward to the winter months. I guess that's life.

    ReplyDelete