Monday, March 25, 2013

A Flip of the Switch

Recently I watched one of the Mormon Messages by Elder Bednar that got me thinking.  He spoke in a General Conference about revelation.  He said that revelation generally comes in two ways. One way is like a light switch- the light turns on suddenly and the room is  lit.  To me it's like one of those ah-ha moments.  Of course, it could be even more dramatic like visits from angels- which of course I haven't had.   The other, more common way, is like a sunrise.  Gradually bit by bit you see the light.  The 'sunrise' revelation is much more common, but harder to recognize and generally takes more time.  Anyway, one of the things I was going to post about from this summer was one of those flip-of-the-light switch revelations.  And since those flip-of-the-switch revelations don't happen too often to me, I thought I should document it.  Who knows, maybe while I'm at it I'll document a few more of those flips of the light switches from the past that I've never written down.  Of course, you all know how good I am at keeping up this blog, so no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment