Monday, November 14, 2011

Morning Has Broken

I remember as a teenager a song that my mom would play: Morning Has Broken sung by Nana Mouskouri.  Of course, my mom loved her and played her music a lot, and we all got tired of hearing her.  Lately that song has been coming back to me because that's how I feel.  Morning has finally broken.  The sun is out, the birds are singing... la la la.  My morning sickness is finally gone! (for the most part).  You know that feeling when you've been so sick and then you finally feel better?  Yea, and it feels like "Aaaaaaaaa" (That's angelic singing there).  That's how I feel.  What a blessing.


These yucky feelings have been consuming me the past three months, not just physically but mentally and emotionally too.  I didn't want do my church callings, go to church, clean the house (not that that is anything new), make dinner, write a blog, ... do anything really.  I know- sad, bad attitude.  I'm feeling much better now and appreciate feeling good.  I also appreciate the many people that put up with me and helped me out over the past few months.


When I go through a trial it's hard not to think, "Why is this happening?!" "Why do women have to go through this?!"  I've thought about it a lot over the past few months.  This is what I came up with.
  
1. We suffer so we can be humble and have more faith.
2. We suffer so we can empathize with others.
3. We suffer so we can appreciate the good and the people around us.
4. We suffer to refine us, preparing us to become more like God.


 “'Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.' Then, in the dawn of our increased faith and understanding, we arise and choose to wait upon the Lord, saying, “Thy will be done. - Robert D. Hales in the last General conference, click here for the full talk (it's very good).


Now, I know that my trial is really a blessing and a minute affliction compared to the many that are out there, but it has helped me appreciate the little things that I take for granted.  That is my blessing.  Maybe now I'll be better and post some things that I've missed :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment