Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Time of Thanksgiving

What I've been grateful for this month (since it takes me a month to write something):

1. Parents and Parents-in-law
The kindergarten had grandparents day this month.  My parents came up from St. George just for the occasion, and Tavish's parents came too.  How many kids get to have both sets of grandparents there for Grandparents Day?  She felt pretty special.  After school my mom was talking all about how great it was to be with Sara... on and on.  Andrew came up to me and said, "Mom, I'm sad... Sara is getting all of the attention."  I asked him who usually got all of the attention and he said, "Me- so I'm sad".  We both decided that it was Sara's turn to get some attention.



Here Sara is showing her grandparents how she can skip rope.

2.  Good Family and Friends
This was the first year of having Thanksgiving at my house.  It was nice to have the whole family there, and a couple of good friends too.  I was worried about getting everything ready and made, but of course, the family helped me a lot.  I couldn't ask for a better family.




3.  A New Nephew
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this one.  I only have one on my phone that I don't know how to get on to the computer.  Anyway- my kids have their very first cousin on my side of the family.  Yay!!  He was born on Nov. 29 and is so dang cute.  I could have stayed at the hospital and held him all night (It's really nice to be the one feeling good visiting a little baby that you don't have to stay up with all night:)  Of course, we couldn't stay too long visiting because we had the kids, and they don't just sit there.  In fact, one of our darling children- we're assuming the 2 yr old since no one else will fess up to it, pushed a blue button.  Just so you know- don't push the blue button.  That means code blue- blue as in not breathing.  We had nurses running into the room panicking and about 10 other nurses outside the door.  They didn't seem too happy with us.  Yep- it was time to go.  It was so good to see the baby though- what a sweet innocent little thing, hard to believe that he will soon be a two year old too :)

That's our month in a nutshell- and as usual, I recognize the hand of the Lord in my life by him blessing me with wonderful family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment